View Single Post
Old 06.10.2010, 09:24 AM   #16
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The show was a decent show. My observations

I found the overall show weak. Whereas the Hip Hop honors normally have three or four ACTS that are presented, this was more like a kiss-off to the southern rap labels. Like, "here, we have recognized ya, now shut the fuck up."
I did not like their focus on Rap-A-Lot Records as opposed to the individual act GETO BOYS. I thought it was going to be like the previous Hip Hop honors.
While I dug the performances, I found ti a bit too pat to include 2 Live Crew, Timbaland, and Rap A Lot records all together, considering they had absolutely NOTHING to do with each other, besuides being from a GIANT geographic area that yankee fucks call "the South"
2 Live Crew were terrible. hearing those old fucks try to rap over a backing track that was even louder than their mics was fucking pathetic.
2live crew always SUCKED ass. they were a fucking joke act, a party crew with terrible rhyme skillz and shit beats.

I am just upset I guess. I thought they would actually have the Geto Boys there doing some songs, but I think, besides Mind Playin Tricks on Me, their entire catalog is too extreme for VH1's target audience which is middle class white folks.