View Single Post
Old 12.24.2020, 06:38 PM   #234
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
The last two are synthwave albums, so if that’s not your bag you will find them tedious or cheesy but I love the atmosphere and don’t hold the genre-work piece against them.

Without having listened to them it's hard to say anything, but I'll mention this: if retrofuturism is a key ingredient, you can't count me out soon enough. People I do love (to the point of having their whole discographies in physical format) like Julia Holter and Laurel Halo have in their palettes some of the same elements that synthwave acts claim as influences, but have come up with their own idiosyncratic art - one can always play spot-the-precedent, but ultimately it's Laurel Halo music and Julia Holter music.

Have you read Simon Reynolds' Retromania? (It's an actual question; I'm not being a jerk).

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|