View Single Post
Old 02.26.2008, 11:55 AM   #635
sarramkrop

Carcass-The power of blood 7"

Disattack were a pre-Carcass band, they were formed around 1985, they were a crust/hc band and the only recorded material they ever released was "A bomb drops" demo tape in April 1986. Soon after this, the bass player left the band and Jeff Walker joined them after leaving Electro Hippies. By that time, they were also changing their name to Carcass and their first demo recording under their new name was the "Flesh Ripping Sonic Torment" demo tape,recorded in 1987.

"The Power Of Blood" is a boot ep, it was released in 2007 and its about 12 minutes of practice recordings from 1985. The name Carcass is misleading because in 1985 there was no Carcass yet but just Disattack, even the cover artwork with these punks in the barren wasteland has nothing Carcass-ic and its closer to crust art territory.
There is an Onslaught and a Joan Baez cover (Diamonds and Rust..ok ok i know:we all know this song from Judas Priest...),a SOD and an Exodus song as well. The sound quality is horrible but what the hell, this is just a boot and works as a piece of rarity for die hard fans of "Flesh ripping sonic torment" and "Symphonies of sickness" demos era. I dont know how many copies were made but according to ebay this is fookin rare.
This is a rare treasure RK sent to me. Many thanks dude! i really appreciate it.( i had to insist for this little credit..)
No more rant, go get it and destroy your ears...
Tracklist:
1:Thrasher
2Die in pain
3:Exodus
4:Festerday
5:Power from hell
6Diamonds and rust
7:Thrasher

Carcass-The power of blood 7" boot
http://7inchcrust.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|