View Single Post
Old 10.04.2019, 07:58 PM   #58
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
ah, was gonna ask. so it ended.

what the fuck happened in the middle? any highlights?
Family trip to Central Australia meant that I didn't have a stable Internet connection at times, so I was unable to post updates.
Brief summaries of everything:
*20: loveliescrushing - bloweyelashwish. Hyper-distorted, ethereal shoegaze, like sitting in the inside of a slow motion blender.
*21: Wire - Pink Flag. One of the best 'punk' albums I've heard in a long time, standing up with the titans of the genre while being something different.
*22: A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Ashes Grammar. Similar to #20, but bright and electronic, with lots of pretty harmonies.
*23: Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile. Long and hard to stomach in one stretch, but densely constructed to sound incredible. Fuck TDS, this is much better.
*24: The Who - Tommy. A new one to me (the horror!), and up there with the good classic rock operas, even if the storyline's a real WTF (aren't they all, though?)
*25: Melt-Banana - Speak Squeak Creak. Being the earliest album, there's a lot of stuff that they'd filter out as they continued to get better - but they're still pretty damn good from the start.
*26: Pink Floyd - The Wall. So melodramatic the emotionality it goes for just becomes unintentionally hilarious. Comfortably Numb sounds exactly like all classic rock masterpieces are meant to - which came first, though?
*27: ZAYN - Icarus Falls. This one was fine, it really breezed past. It all sounds the same and I don't want to listen to it again, but he's got a nice voice.
*28: The Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness. Why Billy Corgan tries to write quiet acoustic songs confuses me, his 'charm' is clearly better used when it comes to dumb rock songs. An epic that possibly shouldn't have been, and might be better in the hands of someone less wanky.
*29: UGK - Underground Kingz. The only real album I regret listening to from here.
*30: Aphex Twin - Drukqs. Much better than I remembered it to be
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|