View Single Post
Old 06.11.2010, 02:47 PM   #7
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
word. he's put out at least 8 albums already this year that I can think of. You know about the Medicine Show right? His series this year, an album a month? I haven't heard most of em, but...

The Last Electro Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble's (already third album!) MILES AWAY is probably my favorite jazz album of the year so far. It's incredibly solid, somewhat funky but mostly chilled. Get it if you don't have it.

the Young Jazz Rebels' album SLAVE RIOT is pretty intense free jazz. I mean it's not completely free, but it's mostly wild. Hasn't grown on me as MUCH as the Last Electo album, but still worth checking. And could still grow on me more.

SUPPOSEDLY the Medicine Show #7 (July) will be entitled HIGH JAZZ and will probably be a compilation of YNQ-related groups. WHICH I cannot wait for. If it's anything like YESTERDAYS UNIVERSE I'll be in heaven.

BTW Hayden, there's still a few vinyls I don't have. Maybe you do and can share? I still need BLUNTED IN THE BOMBSHELTER EP, and SUITE FOR BROTHER WELDON ep... and maybe a few more EP's or singles. I can't think right now. But I have a lot of YNQ/Madlib-jazz-projects. In a weird way, YNQ is one of my favorite "bands" of the last century.