View Single Post
Old 06.12.2010, 07:39 AM   #6
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I'd say Harry Partch is still quite underrated.

Oh, hugely. I'd say that, for example, The Wayward easily ranks up their with the most interesting and original compositions in 20th Century composition. His stuff also has the benefit of, aside from any analysis of it's groundbreaking nature, just being really fucking fun to listen to. I mean obviously theory wise he's fascinating, but then on top of that his stuff is just really beautiful and strangely accessible in a way that most of the people he's compared to just aren't. I think a lot of it comes down to the fact that, especially in his use of voices, his work is just really emotionally unrestrained and, well, fun, both of which are qualities that are often lacking in 'modern classical' music.

Although it's an obvious one for this forum, wider music word speaking I'd also add to the list Polvo, who still just blow me away on regular basis. I mean obviously they still get a certain degree of respect, but I honestly can't see why a record like Today's Active Lifestyles isn't consistently ranked as one of the defining records in American indie.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|