Thread: Axe-FX
View Single Post
Old 07.19.2010, 08:44 AM   #6
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
It's really only the amp business that's keeping valve manufacturing afloat at the moment, and as modelling amps continue to increase in sales it's more than likely that those manufacturers still making valves will simply pull the plug on them altogether - unless there's a way for small companies to start making them (which will inevitably drive up costs, etc etc.). Again, we shall see.

High-end home audio helps as well.
My bandmate is in that business, and does reasonably well. Keeps several of my other friends employed.
My amplifier is older than I am anyway; I think the millions of valve amps out there and the fierce loyalty many players have to their chosen "sound" will, at the very least, keep things going just by demand for maintenance needs.

I do like seeing new designs, though. My bandmate has designed a few different instrument amplifiers recently that operate differently than any others ever made, and I love being able to play guinea pig with the prototypes.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|