View Single Post
Old 05.25.2008, 07:41 PM   #41
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by This Is Not Here
hmmmm, perhaps, but I've always thought of it as an experimental peice which layers several elements in no structure. Love it as I do, it doesn't really reach noise territory on any of the recordings I've heard.

I suppose all this would depend ultimately on what you mean by 'noise'. I'm listening to No Man's Land right now, in an attempt to get what you mean by the whole 'noise' thing. And yes, something does happen about two minutes in as the guitars begin to 'disintegrate' in a very Velvets/Can/Beefheart-like fashion. If this is what you mean, you may well have a point. I certainly can't think of a British song that has that effect which predates it. Maybe The Pretty Things song Defective Grey, but then again, maybe not. Your claim reminds me a bit of the one which cites The Kinks' You Really Got Me is the first Heavy Metal record, in that it may be true, but only in the very narrowest of sense. Saying that, if nothing else, it's made me listen to what is already one of my favourite songs from the British psychedelic era in a different way. Whether you're right or not is secondary to what is definitely an interesting point for discussion. Thanks.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|