View Single Post
Old 01.13.2009, 02:05 PM   #48
sarramkrop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
I think this is an exceptionally arrogant thing to say. I don't think you're arrogant, just the sentiment in this sentence. And I'll tell you for why - I've listened to a fair whack of the music that you love, and I think it's shit. I could be more arrogant than you and say "see, you've heard all the music, but you don't listen properly", but that's just a pissing competition. I think you've heard a lot of the music I love, but you don't point your ears in the same direction as me.

If I listen to a Beyoncé song and love it, it's not because I've listened to [band x], or because I have better taste - it's because we've shared in the awesomeness of the same thing. People who don't spend hours every evening listening to music haven't necessarily got bad taste, they're just not that bothered, music doesn't fill the same emotional canyon for them as it does for most people on this forum.

You can take a horse to water etc.

But we don't impose most of the music we listen to on other people's ears either. Two sides to a coin.

And I don't mean that we don't have the power to switch things off , 'cause you can do that easily in your own home, but not in public places etc. I set the boundaries to what I like when music this godawful is presented as amazing. It's not. Anyone is free to like what they want, but others are also free to say it's shit too, just like they tell you about some of the stuff you listen to.
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|