View Single Post
Old 09.28.2007, 06:21 AM   #474
sarramkrop

TRASH ON DEMAND

A commenter asked for some '90s garage, and I promised to offer one of my favorite such compilations of all time. Heck, for any genre, it's one of my favorite comps ever. Really. In 1997, garage/glam legend Jeff Dahl, by way of his own budget, released 1000 copies of Trash On Demand Vol. 2. The garage element blankets all here, but by this time, punk had already dripped in and infiltrated deep. There was the '60s garage base, the '70s punk smirk, the '80s trash layer and whatever happened in the '90s, all compacted into an inevitable sound. This disc corrals 24 of the late '90s best garage/punk/pop/fuzz results, although hardly any bands stand out in terms of fame. Wanda Chrome, the Cynics and the Jacobites, if any, are names to recognize, but damned if there ain't so many other outstanding presentations here:

Wanda Chrome has Mick Jagger's hand on their hip, the Jezebelles let it bleed, the Fancy Lads might as well be the Stones, Logik follows the Odd Numbers, Ubangi Stomp are just damn fun and Nervous Christians summize the sound at a smooth drag race speed.

I'll admit, I normally start this disc from track four, being Wanda Chrome and the Leather Pharoahs' "Private Monkeys," (which come to think of it is not far from Charlie Pickett or Teenage Head-era 'Groovies), but do what you will. Just a suggestion.

Before I wrap up, I'll add that Jeff Dahl ain't no slouch either. He's created some great music through the years. Check him here. But if I can say so without offending, his skill to assemble a great comp surpasses.

Here's a link to the download.

TITLE: Trash On Demand, Vol. 2
LABEL: Ultra Under
YEAR: 1997
TRACKS:
Assassination Bureau - '51 Crazy Zone' / The Leaving Trains - 'Big Baby' / The Rosehips - 'Jacobs Progress' Wanda Chrome and the Leather Pharoahs - 'Private Monkeys' / Snap-Her - 'Strychnine' / The Neurotones - 'Burned Out' / The Jezebelles - 'Abducted' / The Lucky Thirteens - '(Let's Do The) Standing Still' / Big Bobby and the Nightcaps - 'Wanna See Her Cry' / Hotdamn - 'Remember Fun' / The Fancy Lads - 'Have You Ever' / The Adz - 'Fall' / The Trash Brats - 'Start Over Again' / Ubangi Stomp - 'Go On' / The Sinisters - 'Capt'n Weirdo' / Echodrive - 'Another Boring Day' / Boyz Nex' Door - 'Hey' / The Jacobites - 'Pennicillin' / Nervous Christians - 'Talk About Chasing a Dream' / Witcherry Wild - 'Come Down Slow' / Jimmy Keith and the Shocky Horrors - 'Little Bit of Whore' / Logik - 'M.C. W/B' / The Cynics 'Baby What's Wrong' (Live) / Uncredited bonus track
http://usedbinforever.blogspot.com/
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|