View Single Post
Old 06.17.2010, 02:30 PM   #24
the ikara cult
invito al cielo

the ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's assesthe ikara cult kicks all y'all's asses
I dont really talk to people about music in the real world, or online either, so i dont really know who is rated and who isnt, so i'll just go on my perceptions of the media and other people

The Shadow Ring
I only discovered them recently, and the fact id never heard of them until about a year ago suggests to me a criminal lack of recognition, considering theyre one of the most altering things ive ever heard. Theyre probably the first band ive felt annoyed at not having heard when i was younger, say 5 or 6 years ago. I envy those of you who are 19/20 and have the means to find their music.

Supergrass
They never did an "important" album like the Manics or Radiohead, they never became "massive" like Coldplay or Muse, they were never assosciated with "indie-cred" when i was growing up like idlewild or feeder, they just wrote fantastic little songs.
The band that both Newsround and Newsnight review forgot.

the ikara cult is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|