View Single Post
Old 06.26.2019, 07:53 AM   #82
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by d.sound
No offense. I just didn't get it. It was like renaissance? The arrangements were bizarre, even for me. Up and down and all over the place. It made me dizzy.

I liked the simplicity of the first one.
milk eye mender is easier, yeah, it’s the one i return to the most. i listened to it yesterday after posting in fact.)

Ys for me is just... beautiful sound. renaissance music is... somewhat simpler? this is more... out there, hahaha. so strange and beautiful. then again it’s really not singalong material. requires a sitting. maybe headphones. can be a bit of homework?

but i’ve liked prog since infancy, so this sorta fits into that larger universe for me. from here to her harp is not a huge leap: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiA1XBXAE6U

and of course no offense taken. everyone has different tastes, and the freedom to dislike things is essential, and disagreements well handled are both entertaining and instructional

speaking of which...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
I definitely have a bad reaction to her voice but in her case I can see that she is actually extremely talented and it's an issue of taste on my part. I guess I get why she has fans but I'm not one of them. There's quite a few people on that deal-breaker voice list for me I guess.
Tom Waits, Kate Bush, Bjork, etc. I wouldn't put modest mouse in that league though; just the annoying voice part. Still basically an issue of taste on my part, yes. But without the same level of deference, perhaps.

aaaaah... i get what you mean. timbre & talent are separate things, but both count.

similarly, not a kate bush fan (but i love bjork and like to do tom waits impersonations after a drink or two haaa haaa haa)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|