Thread: Loudness wars
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2010, 07:09 PM   #65
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Mecha
Usually when I think about production and how important it is, I tend to think about that Slint record Tweez. I don't really think a whole lot of that record though some of the tracks are pretty cool. But I have some live shows on the computer here where they play those Tweez tracks and they aren't um, Albini-ized like they are on Tweez and they're much more enjoyable to listen to. To go further, comparing the version of Rhoda that's on Tweez to the version that's on the EP, I can't imagine anyone NOT picking the EP version.

So that's usually the example I think of when I want to convince myself that yeah, the production is important.

being that tweez was recorded in 1989 it was probably one of the first records albini produced, so if it doesn't sound that great then it could be down to albini still not having found his stride. not that i'm particularly inclined to make excuses for him but the trend to slag him off gets on my nerves bearing in mind his clearly excellent job of recording a large number of bands, for example can anyone imagine a better job being done of recording the jesus lizard than he did?
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|