Thread: Loudness wars
View Single Post
Old 07.31.2010, 06:06 PM   #62
shabbray2.0
expwy. to yr skull

shabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's assesshabbray2.0 kicks all y'all's asses
no. cause you are right the loudness war is a mainstream syndrome.
I dont think indie culture have to fight the loudness war. or: I cant think of a bad example.
there albums of course I dont like production wise, but they were made artistically, not because they need to compete on the radio with all the other overblown tunes.

the thing I am asking myself regarding the radio-loudness war is:
the stations themselves use limiting and compression on everything like mad, cause they cant allow themselves signals to peak...
so all the already overblown tunes get scrambled a second time. which could lead to massive audiodestruction and//or nullifies the loudness "advantage" that has been squeezed out of the tune at the mastering stage!!!
the only reason for the industry to "win" the loudness war must be direct comparison from the end user over the same system, without any normalize function...
and I tend to say that 99% of these users would never recognize the vol. increasement. so where is the damn point then?
btw clubs use the same technique as radiostations to prevent their PA being blown up by a bad DJ, so they are out of the quest for a reason too.
I just dont get it.

note: the above is just referring to the non-artistic loudness examples ( see post before)

shabbray2.0 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|