Thread: Axe-FX
View Single Post
Old 07.18.2010, 09:25 PM   #5
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Personally, I still hold to my assertion that "modeling" amps and built-in effects processors are only a good choice for cruise ship cover band guitarists.
Haven't tried one of these, but I dont really care. My amplifier is the most satisfying device I have ever drawn too much current with. I'm just not interested, and I am VERY glad to be well out of the "need more gear" mode of thinking.
If I ever get something else, it will be something my bandmate builds.

I've not tried one either, and I instinctively agree. I have heard other people though, who shared the same initial views, finally have to admit after trying one that it pretty much transcends standard modelling devices (although that's still ultimately what it is). The fact that it still requires a power amp (ideally valve) does sort of undermine its underlying objective but, we shall see i suppose. either way, as a sign of things to come, it's pretty much cast in stone now. It's really only the amp business that's keeping valve manufacturing afloat at the moment, and as modelling amps continue to increase in sales it's more than likely that those manufacturers still making valves will simply pull the plug on them altogether - unless there's a way for small companies to start making them (which will inevitably drive up costs, etc etc.). Again, we shall see.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|