View Single Post
Old 05.11.2023, 11:23 AM   #36
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
When Albini was creating his first band he wanted to name it the most scaryu thing for AMERICANS, andhe realized that what white people are most scared of is anything BIG and BLACK.

It's still true.

Slayer is fun, but I preferred Megadeth.

after a while though too many metal bands seemed liken corny jokes.
i guess i missed the joke because there is nothing scary about the big black name for me. maybe it was scary in his suburb. "americans" are not just whitey & co.

i loved living in black neighborhoods in black cities. what's scary about that? i had to move out when shit got gentrified and rich white people moved in. now THAT sucked.

for a truly scary name, think more like "whitey" or "texas smile". you know that fake smile, like a grimace of death, right? the smile the white supremacists have right before they shoot you over your land or your human rights or their bible or something? and they're showing their friendly teeth? like a dallas televangelist? that's scary as fuck. THE true horror.

but anyway, back to music, what i would do with the big black sound is i'd keep the noisy guitars (great) and erase everything else, the shitty drum machine and the shit singing.

megadeth, love the guitar speed, but it's more "wordy" (i wish it weren't, i don"t like "words" unless they are really good) but it's' not as heavy a sound as slayer. it's more like iron maiden (i like iron maiden--the trooper!!) but it does not get me going the same way. too high-pitched maybe? the singing sounds like the great cornholio.

but slayer is in another category for me. hanneman and king are great but it's lombardo and araya that add sabor latino jajajajajaaaaaaaa. have you noticed that instead of whitey intensified guitar solos they do almost a descarga with the percussion in front? in their most frenetic spasms, they talk to each other rather than follow a leader.

and yeah it's a heavier more lowpitched sound, a deeper growl, more chaotic than the rest. a lot more happens in the low frequencies with them. and you get more howls than well-formed "words" in the singing. howls > words. metal is better as grunts and growls and screams, and not literature.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|