View Single Post
Old 07.01.2007, 07:58 AM   #81
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
I found a Herb Alpert LP in a charity shop (thrift store, for our American friends) and thought it was one of those LPs that sold nothing. Turns out Herb was huge like a mountain.

Meanwhile, I've also got a 40s/50s UK jazz compilation called Homemade Jam 2 which is one of my favourite records (and if a certain bandmate of mine is reading, I want it back you fucker). If anyone sees the first edition, buy it and I'll pay you back handsomely.

EDIT: Turns out it's from 1936/8. Crikey. If anyone can read The language of this website I'd be most grateful to know what it's saying.

EDIT 2: Don't worry, there's actually an English section. Excellent. Well, I shall report back as to whether the first edition is any good once it arrives in my mail box. Oh, happy days.

Also, David Munrow's 'Instruments of the middle ages and renaissance' is pretty spectacular. It's quite an important LP amongst early music afficionnados, but not so much amongst you lot (or anyone else I know), I suspect. One day I'll be amongst the echelons of early music collectors, you mark my words.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|