Thread: Mike Patton
View Single Post
Old 06.18.2009, 12:34 PM   #63
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Fantomas are so awful that it blows my mind. Shitty, boring cut and paste metal on a few albums that communicates absolutely nothing beyond a cheap thrill but gets old fast (nearly every song they do in this style is "quiet part" followed by "LOUD BASHING METAL PART!!!!!!!!" over and over and over), one of the most boring "ambient" albums ever with another album, and then a somewhat entertaining film soundtrack album where they play straight versions of film songs and then inject "metal" parts in them sometimes (for most of the songs). I gotta say, their take on "Charade" is brilliant, but most of their stuff is terrible. Tomahawk is one of the most boring bands I've heard in my life. Extremely dull. And I gotta agree with you, Patton's vocals on "Romances" suck, but Kaada's music is so amazing that I think it's probably the best album Patton's ever been on (besides the last 2 Bungle albums). You know, in my opinion.

I'm still wondering why people consider Patton a genius...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|