Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 11.03.2023, 12:03 AM   #606
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i think it's self-defeating to look for solutions in "what was." it used to be this way, it used to be that way... sure, but that is not where we are now.

It's not where you are now. And I admit it: it's not where millions and millions, the majority, are/is now. But that doesn't erase the rest of us - it's not like we're going from town to town hunting for original Polaroid instant film. New product IS there: hundreds of thousands (millions?) of artists, of all generations, getting their art (OK, I'm stretching the terms "artist" and "art", but you know what I mean) pressed on vinyl, captured on tape, digitized to CDs (yeah dude, CDs, we dig 'em ), AND the demand is there as well - why do you think some records, even those not pressed in ultra-limited quantities, fly off the shelves and later reach degenerate prices on Discogs and eBay.

My take on your post is that you took two cases, the one for accepting/digging (even surrendering to) the mainstream technology, and the one for decluttering, and as eloquent as your writing usually is you mixed 'em up. The fact that your personal preference for a, um, decluttered life (a preference shared by tons, I'll give you that, and more power to ya) aligns with today's preeminent way of distributing audio and audiovisual content doesn't mean we've reached the end of history. (Francis keeps moving the goalpost. ) And we're not even touching the issue of environmental impact - the "cloud" is obviously no cloud, it's billions of solid computers sucking up power in Norway and Iceland...

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|