Thread: drugs/music
View Single Post
Old 08.20.2009, 03:13 AM   #29
notyourfiend
expwy. to yr skull

notyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's assesnotyourfiend kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ni'k

in our culture of commodity fetishism, you could make the argument that drugs and the myth that is sold with them actually serves the purpose of making people believe that they need to buy a little pill to get high. that they will always have to rely on a product, something external they have to buy. what is implied here is that the mind is incapable on its own of pyschoactive/hallucinatory/imaginative feats, and that you have to put something external inside to do these things. this is of course utter bullshit. it's as if the drugs act as an obstacle to block up your brain that are also highly detrimental and addictive.

people seem to think they are radical or counter cultural by taking drugs, yet the cia sells crack, and drugs make you more dependent on the dealer and only limit your freedom.

yupppp!!! i totally agree with you.

that being said, i think that you should still do drugs if that's what you so please. i've done drugs. my friends do drugs. whatever. i'm over romanticizing them. i think that we should be honest with ourselves. and then if we still wanna do them, go ahead. i mean, they can be tons of fun.

notyourfiend is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|