View Single Post
Old 07.09.2009, 02:44 PM   #1194
verme (prevaricator)
100%

verme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's assesverme (prevaricator) kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
There are no Decayes LP's in print anywhere in the world, to my knowledge. All of them are long gone, out-of-print etc. "Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei" was pressed in an edition of about 100 copies in 1978. All of the "Made in the USA" LP's were on my own "Imgrat" label (Imgrat = Immediate Gratification). I pressed an LP at each of the two New Zealand pressing plants, for the last two.

Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei (Imgrat 2400 001) 100 copies, 1978 (probably the most experimental one; as teenagers, we worshipped Faust, Zappa, early Kraftwerk - this is all we could come up with in our bedrooms!) This album is only Ron Kane (guitar, etc) & Paul Sakrison (drums, clarinet etc). Produced by Jordan Shroyer.

I went to England for the first time in September 1979 and met Steve Stapleton (who was still living with his mother, I believe) and Hemen (who was also on the first NWW, I think). In 1980, Hemen visited me in L.A., having made (or about to make) his "Hastings of Malawi" LP (called "Vibrant Stapler Obscures Characteristic Growth" on the Papal Products label).

Somehow (probably from Intergalactic Trading Co. in Portland, Oregon USA) Steve had obtained our first LP "Ich Bin Ein Spiegelei" and really liked it. I conmfess I was surprised that he put our name on the debut NWW LP (I think he gave me copy number "C6" of 500). Our LP was recorded at my home between 1975 and 1978, it consisted of two long instrumentals, with some comedy bits at the beginning or end of either track. Our big influence was Lard Free, the French avant-garde band (on the same trip that I met Steve and Hemen, I went to France and met and became friendly with Gilbert artman and his manager, Gilles Yepremian, who I know to this very day!). It's true, we were listening to a lot of German 'kosmische' music, but we were amateur musicians, very limited ability - the sounds on our records were only what we could wrench out of our instruments (in other words, we weren't musically capable of imitating *anybody*). I've heard our music called 'progressive' and even 'psychedelic' -you'll have to hear & it tell me what *you* think it is!

Steve and I had a lot of similar tastes in those days. We were both huge Basil Kirchen fans (in fact, Hemen gave me my copy of the wonderful "Worlds Within Worlds" LP on EMI-Columbia!). We were also both fond of Robert Wood, the American vibraphonist living in France. The best thing Steve turned me on to in 1979 was the world of Trevor Wishart, the avant-garde musician working of the university of York, I believe - "Beach Singularity" was the really good, as I recall.

Hope you find some of this shit interesting

Ron Kane

http://rapidshare.com/files/14160792..._Spiegelei.rar
verme (prevaricator) is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|