View Single Post
Old 06.29.2010, 08:25 PM   #25
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think one thing about Night Life is that all the songs sound distinct; they definitely "matured" their sound in the fullest sense of the word. I think there was definitely a lot more going on, and it takes a few listens to really get into. Still, the immaturity/skeletal/somewhat broken sound of their first 2 albums is what really got me into the band. I think they got better, technically, but there was just something about those first 2 albums -- some sense of mystery, a sense of immaturity, etc. that kinda makes me keep reaching for those instead. For a lack of a better example, their first 2 albums are Surfer Rosa, Nightlife is their Trompe Le Monde.

I think Crystal Palace is my favorite, because it is a lot more mature compared to the first album, with some really mean distorted bass riffs and a bit more complexity, but it still has those nasty high pitched riffs.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|