View Single Post
Old 03.08.2018, 10:46 PM   #22
Drjohnrock
children of satan

Drjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's assesDrjohnrock kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
It was nothing special. A bar, a small floor, a small stage. 100 person capacity? But it was punk as fuck.

Once I went into bathroom. Dude was puking. When he was done, I asked if he was alright. He gave me a thumbs up, then walked to stage. It was the singer of the next band.

For some insane reason, Beck played there for free right after Odelay. It was a madhouse. Surprised no one died.

Yeah, it was a dive, but there were bands I wanted to see booked there--just never got to see any of them.

Your last paragraph reminded me of an amusing anecdote. Years ago I went to Columbus for the weekend. One of my relatives and her boyfriend mistakenly thought I was going to Bernie's to see Them Wranch, so they went there thinking we'd meet up. It was so hot, crowded and chatoic they were afraid they would die, especially if a fire broke out. So as soon as they figured out I wasn't coming, they bolted. If it was that way for Them Wranch, I can't imagine what it was like for Beck.
Drjohnrock is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|