View Single Post
Old 06.12.2009, 06:09 AM   #1
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses

Holy. Shit.

Anyone else get this? Mini-album (6 tracks, about 24 minutes), quite limited I think, vinyl-only. I just tried it out in one of the local record shops on a whim, and it is actually really fantastic. I've had very mixed-feelings about Lunch's stuff in the past, but this is... well I don't want to overhype it, but basically it's like Lydia just woke up one day and decided that no one ever really lived up to the promise of The Stooges "Fun House", so she was going to have to do it. The whole thing is very aptly named, and just comes across as this totally filthy rocking mixup of the title track from that album, The Birthday Party circa-Junkyard and some of Kim Gordon's more "rawk" moments. Listen to "Kill Your Sons" and you should get what I mean.

It's split into a "sexy side" (highlight track: "Another Man Comin' (while the bed is still warm)") and a "noisy side" (highlight track: "Your Love Don't Pay My Rent"). The former is more openly sleazy and a little less full on, like the most fucked up bar band ever, all slowed-down riffage and woozy saxes. The latter is basically more of the same, but just even more nasty and thrashing. Anyway yeah, on first listen at least, this is totally fucking great. Tight as hell too. Check it out!

http://www.myspace.com/lydialunch
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|