View Single Post
Old 07.19.2006, 06:12 AM   #27
Style
stalker

Style kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's assesStyle kicks all y'all's asses
For me it has to be offspring's smash. It's what lead to my love of rock and eventually my discovery of sonic youth.

Up until 1994, I listened to straight hip hop. Growing up in the bay area, my friends, and my older cousins, basically everyone I knew was into hip hop. So I developed the same tastes. We all shared a hate for rock, and couldn't stand it.

Anyways, I was watching MTV one day and on comes the video for self esteem. I was about to change the channel like I always did for rock songs, but the bass line into had me hooked. Plus the video was visually pleasing. So I watched the video, and after I remember thinking that rock music is actually good.

Of course now, with my taste for rock so developed, The Offspring is just another pop band to me, but that was still the turning point.
Style is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|