View Single Post
Old 07.19.2006, 04:12 AM   #21
marleypumpkin
invito al cielo

marleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard suckamarleypumpkin cold hard sucka
Well, here goes my explanation for my pick.

I remember seeing "Dirty" (deluxe edition) on vinyl in my local record shop. & before that point, I hadn't heard much of SY, maybe a tid-bit here or there, but never a whole album. & so I see this glamourus box set of SY vinyls, so I figure why not go all out & get as much of SY as possible to listen to. As it turned out, that was the best money I ever spent.

That's the acquiring part of my story, now actually listening to the record.

Up until that moment of hearing "Dirty", I was expecting something different than what I was hearing, & I was happy for that difference. SY taught me that you can incorporate ANYTHING into music if you want. That there's no such thing as the perfectly structured song. That you can go all-out w/ yr music. & not to mention all the music, arts, & culture that album would open my eyes to. I've learned so much from that album, being it my first SY album, that I had no other choice but to pick "Dirty"

I hope tthat's a good enough explanation. ;-)

Sonic Life
JDR
-George Carlin
marleypumpkin is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|