Thread: evangelista
View Single Post
Old 06.24.2008, 06:56 PM   #2
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I really like Evangelista. I like "Hello, Voyager" just fine, but the album "Evangelista" that Carla Bozulich released under her name a couple years back is the should-be classic we'll be talking about in coming decades. Haunting, chilling, neckairs-on-end power and beauty.

Yes, her other stuff is worth checking out, but like all her stuff, it's conditionally recommendable depending on your tastes and open-mindedness. I'm guessing you'd like at least some of each of those projects. I probably like certain Fibbers albums in their entirety, but never an Ethyl Meatplow record. That band was like too many ideas all competing for attention within the same song. It didn't always blend. But for the time--which was a lowpoint in the last few decades--E.M. always took admirable dares.

Carla's first thing was singing for a project called Zurich 1916 on their Creative Nihilism 2xLP from 1984. You can find more info and links to listening here...
http://mutant-sounds.blogspot.com/20...-nihilism.html

Don't miss Evangelista live....it's brilliant.
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|