View Single Post
Old 05.09.2019, 11:28 AM   #134
Peterpuff
stalker

Peterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's assesPeterpuff kicks all y'all's asses
Gwen Mars - Magnosheen

I honestly have no clue how "big" this band was. They were an early afternoon band playing a local music festival in 1995, and my friend and I were blown away. Picked up their CD and played it on heavy rotation for the next few years. It was pre-internet, and I remember feeling like they were our special little find amongst my peer group...

Musically, I would say something of a cross between Smashing Pumpkins and Placebo. I remember hearing Placebo a few years later and thinking "they are a bit of a Gwen Mars ripoff." So, there you go. Worth checking out if you are into either of those bands, imo. It is a pretty good standard rock record with that iconic Big Muff distortion sound. About to go give it a nostalgic spin myself...

One of my favorite tracks of the ablum:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-9RdN4cTkA
Peterpuff is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|