View Single Post
Old 02.24.2021, 06:58 PM   #46
nicfit
invito al cielo

nicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's assesnicfit kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _tunic_
Oh my, part1: that song is written by Van Morrison
Oh my, part2: there's an entire whole album of these songs!!

Yep!
As with many "pop singers" from those years most of the songs are written by pretty great artists / covers of other artists.
I've been meaning to find a collection of France Gall songs sung in german since a few years ago I heard that Computer nr 3 version i linked in another post here, and that album I found is quite a nice collection indeed!
For example, I like the german-sung-sped-up version of Bébé requin more than the original

France Gall - Haifischbaby

Btw, there are many great versions of "I shall sing", I might end up doing a "mixtape" just with those ahahaha!

Also, this might ring a bell for some sy listeners

France Gall - Teenie Weenie Boppie

And as correctly stated in the article you linked, Viva la Pappa's music was originally written by the GREAT composer Nino Rota (The Godfather, Amarcord, just to name a couple of his many many masterpieces) ,with lyrics by Lina Wertmuller, a pretty interesting and unconventional screenwriter/director. No wonder even "silly" pop music from the 60-70s still stand out as GREAT music to this day.
11:11 11-11-11 I Ascended.
nicfit is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|