View Single Post
Old 09.28.2013, 11:16 AM   #13
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Your point about sexism is just pathetic. I really doubt anyone dealing with that is particularly helped by self righteous male moralists policing their petty standards on everyone, like they actually give a fuck about doing anything but venting their spleens and self aggrandizing at someone elses expense. You sound like the assholes who write for quietus, nice liberal english men who have taken it upon themselves to save the souls of all the minorities. Oh thank god you came along or else we'd all be lost!

I bet victims of sexism are so pleased they are being used to enforce a new orthodoxy, which is only about enshrining doctrines that (male) liberal white men get to impose on everyone else and punish them as heretics for trespassing. In short, you are the high strung, hysterical asshole using cheap and easy moralism to self aggrandize.

This is the most transparent cover for the viciousness of your own egos and your own petty authority which you use to police others. Maybe take a look at the source of that aggression (hint, its not everybody elses fault).

I really doubt Steve Albinis sexism did fuck all to actually affect the lives of women. I'd sincerely doubt that a Rapeman or Big Black show wasn't a safer place for women than many other venues.

If you wanted to, you could argue that all of this is about venting male aggression and undermining it for the stupidity it is. Of course, making this argument would totally demolish the platform that middle class and above white liberals from the anglosphere require to demand their new puritanism. One that genuinely believes everything savage and violent about human nature can be exorcised through censorship in art and entertainment. This in itself is the most blatant load of bullshit and is about reducing understanding and compassion to soundbites. Maybe there is no clear message and Albini doesn't give a fuck. Maybe the audience didn't give a fuck either and got that. Maybe noone needed redundant assholes to take over the corpse of punk and try and retrofit it into some post calvinist liberal puritan bullshit. The only person who looks stupid is you and every other white male asshole trying to do this, its certainly more stupid than any of Albinis crass lyrics, which were never so foolish as to take their subjects as seriously as you take your self.

In short, you give not a single fuck about any minority or oppressed group, only yourself. It is precisely peoples ability to deal with the violence of the world that you fucking despise since you can't use their suffering to self aggrandize if they don't believe your enforcement of liberal puritanism in the fucking entertainment industry is going to do fuck all to soothe it.

You would have absolutely no problem with a feminist band writing ironic songs about violence against men. Albini does it and of course it has to be taken po faced and seriously. You're shitty orthodoxy doesn't have the power to define peoples true intentions like you think it does.

Stack up Albinis greatest hits against anything YOU'VE done and its clear who the winner is. You might want to wipe your mouth before you go accusing everything of being so shit. I bet all those bands that recorded with him feel so self conscious now that you have called their work shit without clearly defining which bands you mean.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|