View Single Post
Old 04.14.2010, 10:53 PM   #9
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
I don't believe in leaks, so I haven't heard anything beyond Rocket Skates (the single) and the title track (appears on their YouTube channel). OK, but I liked Saturday Night Wrist better. In fact, that may very well be my favorite Deftones album.

I like leaks, derek send me a copy

The copy I have of WhitePony is STILL the leaked one from 2000, and I prefer it, I heard the original and it was mixed different, it was not as good as the leaked one..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
You have heard two tracks but already decided you like Saturday Night Wrist better? Okay...

And I thought they were going to release Eros at a later date? Whatever, I'm still very much happy with this. It's a grower y'all.

No, EROS was fully recorded, basically ready to go, but when CHI got in that accident they pushed it back. If you ask me, its probably some legal issues in regards to Chi's cut which sucks because Chi's family has been having to literally beg fans for money to cover his medical expenses

Eros is a fucking brilliant deftones record, I would hope they do release it at some point, but I think it is absolutely safe to say thats not going to happen. Maverick makes them wait years in between releases (average of 3) and so since this one is coming out, I don't think they would release Eros in 2012/13, so Eros is probably going off into the archives and our bootleg collections (and I do not have a copy, if y'all have it please send away, for CHI)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Some of the riffs and guitar tones are sweet. It's not bad, but I do think Wrist was better... it kinda falls in the self-titled group of "every song sounds the same".
I actually really liked S/T, Hexagram is one of the greatest metal songs EVER, let alone for the deftones, I like ALL those tunes, and the lyrics cut me deep cuz of what was going on in my life at that time.. True, the songs sound very similar, but so does Around the Fur, and that is a genius record!

My favorites in rank

1) WHITE PONY
2) Around the Fur
3) Adrenaline
4) Saturday Night Wrist
5) Self/Titled

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|