View Single Post
Old 05.29.2023, 02:39 PM   #54000
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses

Bordando el manto terrestre by Maud the moth + trajedesaliva

Quote:
Bordando el manto terrestre (Embroidering the Earth's Mantle) is a musical journey around the figure of Remedios Varo, a painter born in Spain in 1908, who lived in exile in Mexico until her death in 1963. This journey begins with an ocean-like motion; driven by the ruin of war and exile, and follows, in Mexico, with the construction of a new intimate space flooded with light and wonder. This is a path of fantasy inhabited by captive moons, weavers of the cosmos and human gardens, and one in which to recover lost harmony and place ourselves in the world again.
credits

released May 26, 2023

Mon Ninguén: synthesizers
Amaya López-Carromero: vocals, instrumentation and sound design
unavena: spoken word
Scott McLean: additional sound design and guitar in "Perla"

Lyrics by unavena & Amaya López-Carromero
Music by Mon Ninguén & Amaya López-Carromero

Mixed and mastered by Scott McLean

Artwork/Design: Colin Herrick
Original photographs by Thérese Le Prat.

maudthemoth.bandcamp.com
trajedesaliva.bandcamp.com

maybe you Spanish speaking folks appreciate this album.

I listened to it, because I like her (Amaya's, aka Maud the Moth) voice, and I saw her live with her other band Healthy Living last month at that festival.
But I don't understand a word of Spanish and have no clue who that painter is.
So I went back to listening to the older Bell Witch albums and liked that more

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|