View Single Post
Old 04.24.2023, 09:52 AM   #2215
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
In case anyone is curious. Here's what I saw at the Roadburn festival:

Complete Recording:
Apr 21, 2023: Bell Witch -> awesome DOOM, live debut of their new album, one 80 minutes song
Apr 21, 2023: Brutus -> amazing band
Apr 22, 2023: Oiseaux-Tempête -> gig 2 of 3, has my favourite songs
Apr 22, 2023: healthyliving -> not really my cup of tea, but she has an amazing voice
Apr 22, 2023: Dance of The Seven Veils dance performance featuring the singer of Amenra and a soprano singer. Wonderful music
Apr 23, 2023: Big ‡ Brave --> loud and impressive feedback, the bass player looked like a science teacher
Apr 23, 2023: Mamaleek --> so so funny. I don't know if it's meant to be funny, but I was smiling all the way through. Might have been the beer, it probably was. Good music, sort of a mix between Slint and Faith No More with grunt vocalist
Apr 23, 2023: Oiseaux-Tempête --> gig 3/3 don't like these songs as much as the ones from gig 2, but it was very impressive live

Partial Recording:
Apr 21, 2023: Oiseaux-Tempête (first song missing) --> bummer that I missed the first song, but didn't want to leave Bell Witch
Apr 23, 2023: Iskandr (first 2-3 songs) -> black metal with a drum machine. didn't like
Apr 23, 2023: Mat Ball (last 15 minutes) -> he's the guitarist of Big Brave, loud loud loud guitar, reminded me a bit of Neil Young's Arc stuff. Overlapped with Mamaleek
Apr 23, 2023: Afsky (first ~40 minutes only) --> doom trash metal, and more trash than doom. Not my thing, but liked them still. Had to leave to get a good spot for Oiseaux Tempete

Attended (including partially), but not recorded:
Apr 20, 2023: Grift --> don't even remember what this was. edit: ah yeah, acoustic fairy folk metal something like that
Apr 20, 2023: ENPHIN (few songs only) --> don't even remember what this was
Apr 20, 2023: Esben and the Witch --> as already said, I liked them much more the previous time I saw them, 10 years or so ago
Apr 20, 2023: Sangre de Muerdago -> very weird not sure if I liked
Apr 21, 2023: Teeth of the Sea (few songs only) --> left because the bass was loud and resonating
Apr 21, 2023: Maud the moth (few songs only) --> might have liked it if I had seen it from the start. This is the solo project of healthyliving's singer
Apr 22, 2023: Cave In (few songs only) --> they played two sets at this festival, this was a set with oddities and covers. They played Plainsong by The Cure which I didn't hear, but would have wanted to hear. Didn't really like the songs I did witness
Apr 23, 2023: Nicole Dollanganger (few songs only) --> didn't like at all

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|