View Single Post
Old 07.28.2020, 07:56 PM   #6984
Bytor Peltor
Banned

Bytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's assesBytor Peltor kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by golden child
You don't even know! Larry Norman was a close personal friend of my family before he died in Salem, Oregon. To be honest I don't like most of his music except "The Outlaw" which I think is a great song. This video is a banger though thanks for sharing it with me. I saw Larry live 3 or 4 times as a teenager, once with Frank Black, once with Phil Keaggy! If you are into this type of music I highly recommend Kevin Max who sang in DC Talk. His album "Stereotype Be" is daily listening for me and features Adrian Belew of King Crimson.

WOW, who knew that dropping in a Larry Norman video would lead to this amazing story : )

How cool that Larry was a close family friend. I was introduced to Larry’s music by a new youth pastor when I was in 6th or 7th grade. He gave me, ‘The Rock That Doesn’t Roll’ on cassette and I listened to it all the time. Some guys in our youth group started a band called, Scepter, and they covered all the Larry Norman classics. The Outlaw is a great song, always reminded me of Dan Fogelberg’s - Leader Of The Band. I still love the lyrics to, Readers Digest:

“Alice is a drag queen, Bowie’s somewhere in between
Other bands are looking mean, me, I'm trying to stay clean.
I don't dig the radio, I hate what the charts pick
Rock and roll may not be dead, but it's getting sick.“

Phil Keaggy is an amazing guitarist! Phil Driscoll, Mylon LeFevre and groups like Petra and Rez Band were part of my younger listening!

Thanks for the tip on, Stereotype Be, I’ll give it a listen!
Bytor Peltor is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|