Thread: john dwyer...
View Single Post
Old 10.21.2010, 01:38 PM   #25
DeadDiscoDildo
invito al cielo

DeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's assesDeadDiscoDildo kicks all y'all's asses
I found out some stuff just by trying to find every youtube video i could.

Seems like he uses green bullet mics in the early oh sees days, but lately just using sm57s (which i have) and basically swallowing them.

On guitar he's using some kind of delay, mixed with reverb. He also uses the burns 12 string electric guitar on some songs, and on other songs something that resembles a vintage gibson rip off, but im not sure exactly what guitar it is.

I was just wondering because at certain shows i've seen it's like he just walks up to his amp and it starts doing weird delay...i never see him tweaking knobs or anything or stepping on pedals, though now and then I do see him step on some pedals.

its just weird, i like the whole idea behind effects happening like you're conjuring them, rather than being a scientist about it.

Just didnt know if any of yall knew some tricks.

I'm gonna get the berringer vd400 analog delay pedal. i know its shitty berringer but its $26!!!!!!! my buddy who uses tons of awesome vintage equipment and who has tons of delays, space echos, etc etc said its the one he uses live...and you can get some of the sounds they are doing on it..

I'll get one for guitar and one for vocals.
DeadDiscoDildo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|