View Single Post
Old 07.25.2006, 01:40 PM   #82
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
here i go hoe!

some choices...
dead kennedys -plastic surgery disasters
I got this while I was in middle school. I listened to a lto fo green day, offspring, things of the such. I started getting into more punk but it was all over with this one. Up to that point this was most brilliant punk album i'd heard. Jello couldn't sing but kicked asss at it and east bay ray was a guiatr master. i used to bop around my room yelling "NAZI PUNKS! NAZI PUNKS! NAZI PUNKS FUCK OFF!" and "riot the unbeatable high riot shoots yr nerves to the sky!". It was awesome.

Beach Boys-pet sounds
From the moment I heard I liked, at college I learned to love it. One day while I was walking to my class with it on my headphones everything clicked. Every word and melody fit my displacement. I left home to go to a nowhere town to a college that I really didn't have a reason to be there, I realized this during "that's not me". I left the girl I love and no one else mattered, I was loneyl, but pet sounds made sense.

Sonic youth-BMR
The only SY album I always have in my top 3 SY albums. It's the wierdest thing they've done and that's why I love it. The songs are more explorations of the noises they could tear out their guitars. COnfusion was just fucked out of the universe punk rock dirge, but BMR was an expansion of the sound. Mix the two together and presto! EVOL and most everything on. But without the abrassive avant-garde sounds it's less intresting... and there's no better place to observe and learn them than "i'm insane", "I love her all the time" and "society is a hole"

boards of canada - music has the right to children.
the first electronic album I got into. APhex twin is a close candidate but I fell for this one first. A real ear opener (and eye opener when yr high... the first time I had that "i love you" track near the begining I was seeing a wall a rainbows light making hearts) to the field of digital music... before I didn't give it much credit/

sebadoh-III
I just love this album and it made me buy a four-track. Now i make music.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|