View Single Post
Old 08.10.2022, 10:58 AM   #9
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by choc e-Claire
Oh, I can see why you'd see it that way! But no, I was going for a genuine thing, there's a lot of teens who should grow out of their "music was much better back in the day" thing.

The only melodrama I need is Lorde's album.

oh right right. music probably was "better back in the day" because the odds are heavily stacked in favor of the past, considering how long humans have been making music and what it takes to survive "the test of time" or whatever, lol. but there was a megaton of shitty unlistenable music back in the day too. it's just presently unavailable to us due to this survivor bias.

and yeah there are at times also cultural golden eras... just look at history you can see how culture and intelligence and certain art forms exploded at certain times (and in certain places).

anyway i tried lorde's album upon your implicit recommendation. i lasted all of 5 seconds with it hahahahaaa.

of course what will survive into the future varies from person to person. what gets curated, what gets rediscovered, that changes with time too. for whatever reason i'm very partial to late 50s jazz...

and yeah coltrane and miles and mingus and monk and art blakey and ornette and sony rollins [and bud powell!!] are wayyyyyyyy way way more important than roger fucking waters lmao.

jesus fucking christ i need to clean my ears and listen to brilliant corners right now.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|