View Single Post
Old 03.16.2010, 01:57 PM   #1197
andrei
expwy. to yr skull

andrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's assesandrei kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilduclo
MIGHT be minidisc in the source. I think the taper was transitioning to the dat at that date, so it could still be ATRAC, he may have used a LP mode, too.....but it should be noted I did get these direct from the source.

i'm afraid is not. all MD recordings dubbed to WAV have some static above the highest frequencies, and can be clearly seen in the spectral view. Lossy encoders erase all that data leaving the view blank (black), which is the case of this recording.

also, i've compared my minidisc version with this one and it's not the same. to my best knowledge, ther are just two recordings of this particular gig. The MD that was seed on dime by Phil Snider (recorded by a friend of his) and Phil Snider's own DAT recording (CSB > TCD-D100) which was not seeded because it was "distorted on the loud parts"... like this one...

Anyway, since the MD version i have is better sounding and not re-encoded i'll upload it on here most probaly tomorrow.

best,
Andrei
andrei is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|