View Single Post
Old 07.31.2012, 05:13 AM   #52
Genteel Death
invito al cielo

Genteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's assesGenteel Death kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcat
Individual success has almost nothing to do with it... It was good luck that Pixies and Jesus and Mary Chain got some limelight before their music got castrated. I also never said that Pixies were unable to survive the "revolution"... They're one of its biggest success stories

Sorry, I edited my previous post slightly because when I wrote it I was doing some other stuff and got distracted, so it didn’t read quite right.

Anyway, I didn’t mean to suggest you said that Pixies didn't survive ''the alternative revolution'', I just mentioned Pixies to make another example of another band that enjoyed all that an ambitious indie label was able to offer at the time combined with the distribution a major record company could afford them. This in the UK, where the profitability of Indie was already a reality before the Nirvana revolution.

Post-Nirvana, the major labels themselves suddenly started signing bands that were previously on tiny labels.

I suppose the point I’m trying to make is that Severian and yourself are grossly generalising a number of bands that had in many cases starkly different commercial and creative backgrounds by applying the same vicissitudes to all of them while not having done more accurate research.

Edit: and what Pookie said.
Genteel Death is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|