View Single Post
Old 10.13.2008, 01:23 AM   #15
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
This is why I couldn't begin to make a list. All of my favorite "extreme metal" is on the fringes of something else too. The band that comes immediately to my mind is The Flying Luttenbachers who obviously are as much noise and free jazz (and for that matter punk) as metal. Yet I still think Weasel Walter takes his metal riffs further to the extreme than many a death metal act.

You may have seen me rep Weasel in a shitload of other threads; he's my absolute favorite contemporary musician. And he has amazing taste to boot.

But anyways, this thread is about tunes that would blatantly be referred to as "extreme metal", no confusion with noise, jazz, free improv, prog, or things of those types. this shouldnt be that hard to come up with for anyone who listen to metal.
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|