View Single Post
Old 08.27.2007, 02:21 AM   #421
hat and beard
stalker

hat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asseshat and beard kicks all y'all's asses
Dead Reptile Shrine- A Journey Through the Darkest of Forests/Isth Narai Ja

If I am in the mood for satan, I like my black metal weird. And in this dark kingdom, where hordes of cookie monster vocalists, double bass drummers, and power chords pervade, I need something more.
Which is why Dead Reptile Shrine are by far and away my favorite. I often compare them to Harry Pussy- if Harry Pussy broke up their records with ambient interludes, chanting monks, and the sounds of crackling fire.
Case in point:
Listen to Harry Pussy + I Don't Care About Sleep Anymore
Listen to Dead Reptile Shrine + Exekutioner of the Final Solution
Listen to Dead Reptile Shrine + Diabolical Plague
Their recordings are pretty much impossible to find- and usually go quick at the few outposts in the U.S. which carry them (Aquarius, Hospital Productions). For that reason, I am making the entirety of their album A Journey Through the Darkest of Forests and Isth Narai Ja available.
Download dead reptile shrine.zip

----------------------------------------------------------------

This is quite possibly the most fucked up thing I have ever heard. It almost reminds me of Jandek in a psycho-loner sort of way. Hooray!

Great band name too.

--Beard