View Single Post
Old 10.03.2013, 12:49 PM   #33
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by keep poppin pimples
the 'object-exchange era of plenty' never existed abroad. it wasn't legally possible to get albini related releases in eastern-europe in the 1980s and wasn't financially possible in the 90s when an import cd(and the stores didn't stock albini shit) cost a couple days salary(as opposed to an hours wage in usa)

Point taken, do a degree - to make myself clearer, I mean that the people who benefit from the breaking down of these economic barriers and get to tour (say) Eastern Europe are the people who benefitted prior to the collapse of the record industry AND the same DIY hordes that were doing it without money anyway (eg, the crust/ hardcore/ anarcho scene and those who jumped on, cavalier fashion). You're right, it's great that bands from richer countries can head out to these places but I maintain that this only benefits bands who already have financial clout because they're the people with the platform to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|