View Single Post
Old 03.18.2010, 01:33 AM   #39
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
I'm not really sure what to think of it.

If I didn't know it was Liars I think I might like it more. The music is just so much more concrete than their other recent efforts. I was expecting some new-neolithic outerspace subconscious type pop drone, and all I got was an art rock where I can tell what instruments they're using.

It seems like they're moving even more and more away from their strong sense of rhythm, which IMO was their strong suit.

I do like some of the tracks though. Overachievers, Goodnight Evening, and Too Much Too Much are decent. First track is cool too.

Too Much Too Much rips off the WIRE post-verse bass line to Practice Makes Perfect. I think it's Practice Makes Perfect. Not that Liars are unfamiliar with ripping off melodies from other artists. Pretty Sure "It Fit When I was A Kid" from "Drum's Not Dead" rips off some 60s song, I want to say by the Zombies.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|