Thread: bandcamp
View Single Post
Old 12.06.2023, 10:36 AM   #620
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
tearing down a gate is easy enough; deciding what to build in its place is the harder part

that reminds me of michel foucault's support for the iranian revolution lololol. he had a big surprise with the results

but anyway yes, what to build after the deluge is the real question

about that piece though: the final thesis about the wisdom of antiquated systems is wrongheaded. it was not a "wisdom," it was whatever ecosystem developed after things were negotiated by many participants for a very long time. it still had many fuckups and abuses and all sorts of problems

and we have lived in the age of mechanically reproduced art for a long time. walter benjamin already dealt with that issue a century ago:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wo...Reproduct ion

digital increased reproducibility and diluted the aura an extra step. this caused new developments clearly

but anyway what people have been buying and selling in those sites is not music anymore, but auras. because after their technological obsolescence, the mechanical reproductions had acquired auras of their own, became basically just auras, to be kept in their wrappers/altars/whatever

benjamin might have been surprised at this development, but likely not too much. he collected books after all, which were mechanically reproduced objects themselves. funny how all this reeks of plato...

it also reminds me of hesse and steppenwolf and the radio, hahhahahahaaa. snobby steppenwolf could only attend live music performances of cultured music. i think he liked schubert? i can't remember exactly. but post-orgy steppenwolf could enjoy jazz on the radio no problem (almost) hahahaha

but anyway, how to make a living when music has been commoditized and only the artist's aura has economic value, and too many hands want a piece of it?

the problem must be analyzed and diagnosed correctly to come up with a proper solution though. technologies (not just one, lol) are changing things forever

but calling things for what they actually are is a start

and don't be afraid to get weird with thought and run with it though, because otherwise you're stuck in what already didn't work

I'D LIKE TO BUY AN AURA FOR $5
$50
$10
$45
$15
$40
$20
$40
$20
$35
$25
$35
$27.99
okay $27.99 we have achieved wisdom for today

one of these recent interviews cat power says she's not too enamored of the whiteboy dominated indie rock world, and prefers the world of fashion

i think her aura made big bucks in fashion, i think. lagerfeld? something

perfume?

i'd like to buy an aura for $25
$200
$40
$165
$45...
and so forth

ps- isn't it funny how st. taylor swift returned to spotify only to become the sheriff of nottingham? haaaahaaaahaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaa

a reminder for the children who were born afterwards: https://time.com/3554468/why-taylor-swift-spotify/
https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...s-spotify-spat

and now with spotify she steals from the poor to give to herself haaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

as george carlin used to say, "it's all bullshit, folks"
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|