View Single Post
Old 07.10.2006, 07:42 PM   #5
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
The new album's out already? I thought it was coming in August. At any rate, it's totally great! Best thing they've done by miles and miles, I think! The strong, fluid rhythm section and Jenny's powerful pipes are still the strongest features of the band, but Jenny's guitar is a big upgrade over the one-fingered Mary-Had-a-Little-Lamb-level guitarwork of the four-piece E.E. unit, and it makes the band sound so much more complete.

As I expected when I heard this album was being recorded at the Loft in Sacramento with Chris Woodhouse, I knew this was gonna sound awesome. From the first track--"Cruising"--there is totalitarian bass-drum oppression, and guitars are grinding and coiling and striking in all directions like it's Erin from the A Frames on a pissed off bender. But the vocals are still so pure and beautiful.

Highly recommended!
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|