View Single Post
Old 12.20.2020, 02:51 PM   #208
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
OK, this is escalating beyond what is reasonably tolerable. I gave that TS thing a swift (sorry - for the bad pun, that is) run-through (sorry not sorry; I couldn't bear to listen to it all in full detail) and from what I could gather (please don't make me do it again) it's absolutely nowhere near the level of Tapestry, MUCH LESS Blue - I mean, unless you're comparing cheekbones, Joni and Swift might as well be different species. American Pie, meanwhile, is... these clusters of rhyme after rhyme that add up to a pool of nothingness. What can I tell ya, g.!

As for being too noise cool for pop school, anyone who reads the torrent announcements thread (I think there's, like, two of you who do ) knows I certainly don't spend the whole week surrounded only by blasts of depraved atonal fuck-you rackets. So I'm off the hook on that front at least.

I do look at that thread!!

I wasn't trying to say that folklore or evermore are just as good as Blue or Tapestry. I just wanted to throw out a couple of famous "singer-songwriter" albums. I thought (perhaps wrongly) that this was all about the kind of albums Taylor Swift made.

I love my Sonic Youth and Swans and Merzbow and King Gizzard and Electric Wizard, etc etc etc, but I will never be a snob about any genre or any artist if they make a good song.

Fucking Bee Gees have made many good songs.

Sue me.

Edit: I note that you gave it a partial, "swift" run through. Sigh....