View Single Post
Old 01.28.2024, 08:44 PM   #3758
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
just finished rewatching the great bbc classic, i claudius

fucking cheaply made, but with such great writing and cast you can ignore the limited sets and the bad makeup. it really is fucking excellent

picard is in it (as a villain), john hurt plays a *hilaaaaaaarious* caligula, brian blessed irrecognizable without his beard ( for me anyway) as augustus, livilla is the bene gesserit mother superior from david lynch's dune, she is so fucking excellent... pderek jacobi is the central character and he plays it so well...

posting pictures here would not do it justice, it's a 1976 tv production, but goddamn, so watchable and addictive. robert graves wrote the original novel of course... i want to read robert graves again, i used to have "the greek myths" but the poor book literally fell apart, all that cheap acidic paper disintegrated horribly. anyway this is great stuff for anyone who can appreciate the source material, the great dialogue, the amazing cast, and the extraordinary plot of the thing. some aspects of the production need to be forgiven but really who the fuck cares! i claudius!

here the opening + closing credits: https://youtu.be/9tvoGy3lslw i am like pavlov's dog now listening to it
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|