View Single Post
Old 06.16.2023, 01:17 PM   #918
hippietears
little trouble girl

hippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asseshippietears kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagon
I've been following these developments through various channels now. It seems to be especially gnarly in the states, what with all the openly hateful rhetoric making the rounds, restrictive and actively dangerous regional policies being proposed and introduced and all of the godawful conspiracy disinformation BS.

Unfortunately, similar developments can be seen around Europe - if in smaller doses sometimes. TERF-dom and related apologia has invaded the mainstream and some very well-established media outlets in the UK.

Here in Austria, the most prominent far right party recently staged a "protest" to disrupt a harmless and pretty fun reading of stories to kids by a drag performer. Fortunately, the counter-protesters outnumbered them vastly and the event went through uninterrupted. But the seeds are there and there's an ominous air permeating many conversations right now. I hope these developments can be stopped/curtailed somehow.

Good to hear you are in a better area though. It's important to have a community/people who have your back. Especially in trying times such as these.

It's such a huge thing in here too, there's such a huge stigma that Drag Queens are pedophiles and want to hurt people, when infact it's the opposite. A lot of them have had experiences like that themselves and just want to teach kids positivity and bond witht heir community, and drag queen story times in libraries are a lot safer than other places like out schools for example. Shootings in school started to become a more frequent thing when I was in elementary school, and it's terrifying having to worry about that at such a young age, all through school and seeing it happen everywhere. My state has had 8 shooting this year, it's a huge problem. I could keep ranting about what I hate about living here, but I could have it worse.

hippietears is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|