View Single Post
Old 06.13.2023, 05:45 PM   #913
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippietears
Im just terrified for the future of LGBTQIA+ people in America, I hate that my existence is political and is argued over when we just want to be able to be our authentic selves. We're so demonized by so many people, and I don't feel safe here. I might be in a better area, but it still bothers me that people that are also part of the community are suffering so much.

I've been following these developments through various channels now. It seems to be especially gnarly in the states, what with all the openly hateful rhetoric making the rounds, restrictive and actively dangerous regional policies being proposed and introduced and all of the godawful conspiracy disinformation BS.

Unfortunately, similar developments can be seen around Europe - if in smaller doses sometimes. TERF-dom and related apologia has invaded the mainstream and some very well-established media outlets in the UK.

Here in Austria, the most prominent far right party recently staged a "protest" to disrupt a harmless and pretty fun reading of stories to kids by a drag performer. Fortunately, the counter-protesters outnumbered them vastly and the event went through uninterrupted. But the seeds are there and there's an ominous air permeating many conversations right now. I hope these developments can be stopped/curtailed somehow.

Good to hear you are in a better area though. It's important to have a community/people who have your back. Especially in trying times such as these.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|