View Single Post
Old 01.28.2010, 08:25 PM   #5056
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
^Not really. I mean, it helps. But digital music is often free if not extremely cheap. Most music is disposable, so you keep your pennies for the shit you have loved for years and get the rest of your music digitally. Saves on storage and you don't look back in a few years and think "why the fuck did I buy this if I haven't listened to it since I paid $30 for it?."

I disagree entirely. I'm not saying I don't download some music (I do, although not that much), but the vast majority of stuff that's in print at the time I want it I buy, and I certainly don't regret my purchases like that. This is partly because I definitely tend to actually give more time and energy over to really appreciating a record, as opposed to just filing it away unheard, if I've actually paid for it. But also because I fucking love that thing where it's like 'DAMN, I have nothing new worth listening to and I'm stuck, but wait, there's that free-jazz record I didn't really dig at all when I bought it like 2 years ago, might as well give it a shot for something to hear', and then you put it on and fucking adore it, and suddenly you love yourself for having bought it back then...
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|